Sunday, September 5, 2010

One more trip to the rainforest cafe

Last week I posted on the disaster that was our trip to a popular restaurant for children, The Rainforest Cafe. I see no need to put up a link to the post since it is right below this one.  While my sons enjoyed it, my daughter did not. Enough said.

Yesterday while we were cleaning up the playroom, my four year old was staring intently at some of his stuffed animals.  I could see those little wheels turning and was petrified he was going to do something like string all the animals from the ceiling or decide to color them red.  I braced myself to yell at him to once again, stay inside the box.  This is probably horrible to read for some of you, but you try living with him.  That wasn't what happened.

"Mom, Frances shouldn't have cried while we did something fun. Let's make a rainforest cafe at home."  Then he collected different animals that live in a rainforest and put them all over the kitchen.  After that, we made menus for our cafe. THEN-we hit youtube and found some calm rainforest music to play instead of animals going crazy in a storm.

We had dinner and popsicles in our cafe.  He turned to his sister and said, "Don't you love this now?  You shouldn't cry when we do something special, you should love it too."   I'll let the picture speak for itself:

There is always a way to have fun-Enjoy your Labor Day!

1 comment:

  1. I did post a comment but it appears to have disappeared... it's just as well though as it was rather trite. Anyway, I guess the first rainforest incident had to happen for this lovely moment to occur. Gorgeous story and beautiful children. The Autism Police would be proud.

    ReplyDelete