Sometimes I suffer from psycho mom syndrome.
One of them has to be at dance and the other has basketball and the third one asked for a playdate at a house on the other side of town and didn't I promise them we could go to the new yogurt place. Then everybody has to have homework done and folders checked and beep there is another email and three more students left voicemails about their midterms and the library books are overdue.
The last straw was when I dropped everybody off at the right place and had an hour to myself. I was going through the ATM machine line when I hear a voice in the car behind me...
PAAAGGEEE can you pull over and talk about this committe for a few minutes?
Are you kidding me? I can't go anywhere in town...ever....ahhhhhhh
The solution is NOT to cancel all activities and plug them into various technology devices. The answer is to pull out a gift certificate you have for a ...
PEDICURE
Think about when you can use it:
After a bad parent/teacher conference- either as the parent
or the teacher- PedicureForgot to take the garbage out because the kids were screaming and you hear the guy come and go at six am? -Pedicure.
Is your local art cinema so small they aren't releasing the coolest independent movie coming out this year? -Pedicure
Another mother driving you crazy with her high heels and perfect hair at eight am when you know she doesn't work? -PEDICURE
You just ran 26.2 miles or ANY mileage that was your long term goal? PEDICURE
Think about it-you aren't just having your toes painted.
You also:
Sit in a message chair
Soak your feet in foamy water
Have a hot stone leg and foot massage
Read for fun....I once took a professional development book, but that was STUPID.
Get free therapy from a nail technician that knows what she is talking about-mine made me promise never to date from a certain area again....
Now, this is the gift giving and the holiday season, but I still
have to say it:
STAY AWAY FROM NEGATIVE NANCY!!!!!!!!!!!
You know, the women who are going to crash your plan? I can hear them now:
Well….you could get hepatitis.
I don't have the time for that...I don't have that money....blah blah blah
This may not be in the spirit of the holiday season, but screw
them.
Page's Pamper Pick for 2012? The Pedicure...
What better Christmas present would that be?
So what if it’s winter time…go anyway and know your
feet look nice under the snow boots you are wearing as you slosh to the
preschool coatroom from now until May.
I'll see you at the salon!
No comments:
Post a Comment