Everyone needs "LET'S DO IT!" Friends. Run a marathon? Let's do it! Spend the day wandering around Providence? Let's do it!
Go into the city for the Dan Zanes and Friends Holiday sing-a-long ?
Nah...what a pain... the kids would whine on the train and have to go to the bathroom and then there is all the waiting around...and we would have to watch them on the streets. Let's just watch Dan videos on Playhouse Disney, that's safer.
It's Christmas and everything will be over the top crowded and expensive. Who is going to care in five years anyway?
Just kidding...LET'S DO IT!!!!!!
Dan Zanes is a musician from Brooklyn who really wants parents to enjoy music with their kids. Last year he and his musical friends had their first holiday sing-a-long in New York. Because it was such a success, they did it again!
I'm always paranoid when my kids are involved that I'm going to make a mistake. Like I thought I bought tickets for Dan Zanes but it is going to be a different musician or we showed up on the wrong day. But I was right! My name was on the list and I had my ID-in we go with five kids and upfront seats......
All the families were given sing-a-long booklets. He really meant it-he wanted to hear us sing with him. Guess who passed out the books?
Dan himself!!!
My friend said to my daughter, "LOOK Frances! It's Dan Zanes!" She was frozen in her spot. He smiled and handed me the booklet. He said later he could spend his time in hair and makeup or interacting with fans and friends. I'm glad he makes the choices he makes.
The songs were awesome- my children were dancing along and singing to Jingle Bells. He kept the kids engaged with great questions, "Who plays an instrument? Who wishes they could?" "Who speaks Spanish? Who wants to learn?" As silly and interactive as it was, he ended it with Silent Night, to calm the kids down. My kids were making friends with kids around them-how often does that happen in the big city? What a wonderful, talented way to spend a Saturday!!!
My daughter struggles with who is real and who isn't. I'm really glad she had a chance to meet someone real, and that he takes the time for his fans to have special events like this.
A lot of his songs are about enjoying every moment and opening the door to every new day!
I live my life like a Dan Zanes song. Never say "No, let's stay home." ALWAYS say, "Let's do it!"

No comments:
Post a Comment