It's more like over the George Washington Bridge and through two or three traffic jams and lots of northern toll roads. I know I'm headed in the right direction when I see signs for Chick-fila! My husband is so wonderful to drive us down. Every year we say we are going to experience a Connecticut Christmas, and then the kids start begging for Grandma and Grandpa, and how can we resist those faces?
This was the first time we didn't have to back a lot of baby stuff: no portable cribs or strollers-no sippy cups or extra anything. The baby carries his diapers in a Spiderman backpack. No Baby Einstein DVDs going in the back-we watched Shrek Forever After and then I heard the clicks and beeps of hand held games. This was also the first time we didn't lose time in a traffic jam, so the trip was less than twelve hours. That was a nice first.
Our family is growing up, but the excitement of coming back to grandparents has not changed. The house is decorated, the dogs are jumping, and ice cream with sprinkles are in special bowls. Bubble baths are being had, and I'm sitting on the couch blogging. This is what the holidays are about. :0)
I'd write more, but I'm exhausted. I hope this snippet was enough!
If you are traveling to see family this week, be careful, but enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment